Mrs. Empen and Mrs. Hafer met with the Lee County Health Department to review our procedures since the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois State Board of Education released updated health guidance for schools. Below are the new procedures we are implementing. These procedures are subject to change if our numbers increase or decrease in the County. We will notify you if anything changes.
Please contact your building nurse or Mrs. Hafer (815-453-4966) if you have any questions.
Dixon Public Schools #170
Updated health information was obtained from IDPH and LCHD.
- According to LCHD, it is recommended that Dixon Public Schools continue to adhere to 6-foot social distancing. This will maintain safety and health, to keep students and staff at school.
- Dixon Public Schools will continue to take temperatures and have the self-health reporting to help maintain health and safety of our students and staff.
- Students that are SYMPTOMATIC will be sent home. Sibling(s) of symptomatic student will be sent home. NO CLOSE CONTACTS will be sent home.
A) Student can get a rapid test at school with parental consent
B) Student can get a PCR test at KSB
C) Student can get a doctor note with alternate diagnosis
D) Student can remain home for 10 days
4. Students that are positive will be sent home. Sibling(s) AND Close Contacts will be sent home.
5. Staff that are 2 weeks out from their 2nd vaccine date, will NOT have to quarantine if exposed to a positive student/staff, UNLESS you are symptomatic. (If you received your 2nd vaccine on 2-27-21 with DPS you are considered fully vaccinated on 3-13-21.)
- Athletes that are in close contact with a player that tests positive for COVID will be quarantined for 10 days.
- In a game, athletes with unsure exposure to a positive will be quarantined for 5 days and will be tested on the 5th day. If negative, they can return to school and sports. If positive, student will be isolated.